The Matrix Has You. The Matrix Has You.

This brings back so many memories. Never have I forgotten this piece of flash animation, that so intensively entertained me so long ago here at newgrounds. This was one of the animations, that made me want to stay and watch more over the years.

TmsT's "Spy and Sentry" TmsT's "Spy and Sentry"

This was insanely good. Insanely.

Coming Out Simulator Coming Out Simulator

This was a beautiful, interesting and highly engaging game. Very well made. I'm glad I clicked on this to find out what kind of story there was to unfold.

Breaking the Law cover Breaking the Law cover

One of my favorite songs and you really kicked it up with some extra energy. The guitar work was absolutely great. I wish I could've distinguished the vocals out of the mix better. The mix itself could use more work to warm the sounds up, but I know that shit is hard. I enjoyed this, never the less.

Schleif responds:

hey, thanks for the kind words! cool to still get feedback, even for my old stuff! much appreciated, sorry for the late reply!

Loved By You Loved By You

How do you mix those really slow vocals? Like "who are to be loved? Who are we to be loved by you"?

I am highly inspired. When I layer vocals, I turn usually just them into angry choirs mostly filled with echo. I hear some delay here instead. I also hear reversed echo, that preoccurs before the actual vocals. You got really nice techniques. This was a cool and clubby song to listen to..

Rahmemhotep responds:

Well, I EQ'd the crap out of them (Fruity Parametric EQ 2) and then compressed them a bit (Red 3 Compressor), after that I put Fruity Delay 2 on there, put in the settings I wanted and turned the knob in the mixer back to 50%, and finally I put Fruity Reverb on them using the 'Ambiance' preset, but then upping the reverb percentage to 19% and the dry percentage to 77%.

I didn't use any reversed reverb, though. You might be hearing one of my synths.

I'm actually having a really strange issue with that set of vocals where every time I open the project the low vocals are really quiet and they weren't that way when I had saved it and closed it before. Happens every time and I had to keep mixing their levels over and over again.

Just noticed you've done some metal songs. I used to be a metal musician myself >.>

What We Found What We Found

That main riff... I am in awe. Teach me, master hahah. You have made a beautiful track here. Good luck in the competition too.

TheLitch responds:

Many thanks. I'm always up for collaborations if you're interested. I listened to your tracks and liked what I heard.
Cheers.